Go to a seated leg extension machine adjusting the machine to ensure a comfortable and safe workout tailored to your body dimensions and fitness level.
Position yourself correctly for optimal results during the Seated Leg Extension exercise:
- Sit on the Seated Leg Extension machine with your back firmly against the backrest.
- Place your feet under the leg pad, ensuring the pad is positioned just above your ankles.
- Adjust the machine to align the leg pad with your legs, allowing for a full range of motion.
- Utilize the handles provided for stability and support throughout the exercise.
Execute the Seated Leg Extension exercise with proper form and technique:
- Maintain a neutral spine and engage your core muscles.
- Exhale as you extend your legs, pushing against the resistance provided by the machine.
- Keep your upper body stable, avoiding excessive movement or lifting your hips off the seat.
- Pause briefly at the top of the movement, focusing on the contraction of your quadriceps.
- Inhale and slowly lower the weight, returning to the starting position in a controlled manner.
- Repeat the exercise for the recommended number of repetitions, benefiting from the expertise of our trainers who will guide and support you throughout the workout.
Muscles Involved: Experience comprehensive muscle activation with the Seated Leg Extension exercise, targeting:
- Quadriceps (Quads)
- Upper Back
Tips on doing this exercise
To optimize your Seated Leg Extension workout at BLK BOX GYM, our trainers provide valuable tips:
- Maintain continuous contact between the leg pad and your legs throughout the exercise, ensuring constant tension on your quadriceps.
- Focus on controlling the movement, avoiding jerky or excessive momentum.
- Slow and controlled repetitions yield superior results.
- When lifting heavier weights, We may recommend the use of lifting straps to ensure a secure grip, allowing you to concentrate on targeting the desired muscle groups.
you can avoid common mistakes and optimize your Seated Leg Extension technique:
- Prevent your heels from lifting off the leg pad during the exercise.
- Keep your feet securely in place to maintain proper alignment and maximize muscle engagement.
- Avoid rounding your back or allowing the leg pad to roll towards your toes.
To achieve your desired fitness goals, we recommend the following ranges for the Seated Leg Extension exercise:
- For hypertrophy (muscle growth): Aim for 10-15 repetitions, performing 3-4 sets.
- For strength development: Aim for 6-8 repetitions, performing 3-4 sets.