Perform the Chest Dips with Dip bars or parallel bars
Stand between the dip bars with your arms extended and hold onto the bars with an overhand grip and Lift your feet off the ground and cross your ankles to stabilize your lower body.
- Stand between the dip bars with your arms extended and hold onto the bars with an overhand grip.
- Lift your feet off the ground and cross your ankles to stabilize your lower body.
- Lower your body by bending your elbows and leaning forward slightly. Keep your chest up and maintain control throughout the movement.
- Descend until your shoulders are at or below your elbows, feeling a stretch in your chest muscles.
- Push through your hands and straighten your elbows to return to the starting position.
- Repeat the exercise for the recommended number of repetitions.
The Chest Dips primarily target the following muscle group:
- Chest muscles (Pectoralis major)
- Triceps (to a lesser extent)
Tips on doing this exercise
Maximize the effectiveness of your Chest Dips with these tips:
- Focus on squeezing your chest muscles as you push yourself back up.
- Maintain a controlled and stable movement throughout the exercise.
- Control your descent to fully engage your chest muscles.
Ensure safe and effective execution of Chest Dips by avoiding these common mistakes:
- Leaning too far forward, which shifts the focus away from your chest muscles. Keep your chest up and maintain proper alignment.
- Using excessive momentum or swinging during the exercise. Maintain control and perform the movement in a controlled manner.
- Allowing your elbows to flare out excessively; keep them slightly tucked to engage your chest effectively.
- Hypertrophy (Muscle Growth): Aim for 8-12 repetitions per set, 3-4 sets.
- Strength Development: Aim for 4-6 repetitions per set, 3-4 sets.