Perform Cable Overhead Tricep Rope Extensions using the following equipment:
- Cable machine with an adjustable pulley system
- Tricep rope attachment
Stand facing the machine with your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent for stability.
Follow these steps to perform Cable Overhead Tricep Rope Extensions with proper form:
- Adjust the cable machine pulley to a high position and attach the tricep rope.
- Stand facing the machine with your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent for stability.
- Grasp the tricep rope with an overhand grip, palms facing downward.
- Position your arms parallel to the floor, with your elbows tucked in and close to your sides.
- Engage your core muscles and maintain a neutral spine.
- Initiate the movement by extending your arms downward, keeping your elbows stationary and close to your sides.
- Continue the downward movement until your arms are fully extended and your triceps are fully contracted.
- Pause for a brief moment, then slowly return to the starting position, controlling the weight and maintaining tension in your triceps.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Cable Overhead Tricep Rope Extensions primarily target the following muscle group:
- Triceps: The three-headed muscle group located at the back of your upper arm responsible for arm extension.
Tips on doing this exercise
Follow these tips to optimize your Cable Overhead Tricep Rope Extensions and achieve maximum tricep activation:
- Focus on maintaining proper form throughout the exercise, keeping your elbows close to your sides and your core engaged.
- Control the movement, avoiding any swinging or jerking motions. Perform the exercise in a slow and controlled manner to maximize muscle engagement.
- Squeeze and contract your triceps at the bottom of each repetition to enhance muscle activation.
Ensure safe and effective execution of Cable Overhead Tricep Rope Extensions by avoiding these common mistakes:
- Using excessive momentum: Control the weight throughout the entire range of motion, avoiding any swinging or using your body to cheat the movement.
- Allowing your elbows to flare out: Keep your elbows close to your sides to effectively target the triceps.
Consider the following rep and set ranges to tailor your Cable Overhead Tricep Rope Extension routine to your fitness level:
- Beginners: Aim for 8-12 repetitions per set, performing 2-3 sets.
- Intermediate/Advanced: Aim for 10-15 repetitions per set, performing 3-4 sets.